Created from over 1 million maize plants and covering an area larger than eight Wembley football pitches, York Maze is thought to be the biggest maize maze in Europe and one of the biggest in the world! There are also over 20 other rides, attractions and shows to keep the most energetic kids entertained all day long.
- York Maze has won a number of awards including:
- 2010 York Visitor Attraction of the Year
- 2010 Yorkshire Tourism Experience of the Year
- 2011 My Favourite York - The People's choice Award Winner
- 2012 Welcome to Yorkshire Outstanding Customer Service winner
- 2012 Maize Maze of the Year
- 2013 Maize Maze of the Year
- 2014 Maize Maze of the Year
- 2015 York Visitor Attraction of the Year
- 2015 Visit York Family Friendly Experience of the Year
- 2016 Visit York Family Friendly Experience of the Year
- 2017 Maize Maze of the Year
- 2018 Maize Maze of the Year
- 2018 Visit York Family Friendly Experience of the Year
Giant Maize Maze
Each year the maze has a new design and a new theme. Visit the website to discover this year's design. Collect your maze quiz sheet on the way in and follow the clues. You never know what you might find in the maze. Viewing towers help ensure you don't get too lost in one of the largest mazes in the world. A refreshments area half way round is a welcome break where you can buy drinks and ice cream. Find your way around the maze, collect the clues to solve the puzzle and you may win a prize!
Attractions and activities
There is acres of fun to keep you entertained with over 20 rides, attractions and shows including; the Corn Snake Tower Slides, Kernel Kernel's House of Cornfusion, Volcorno climb, children's sand and water play zone, adventure climb, jumping pillow, mineshaft maze, and electric quad bikes (coin operated). Take a swing at crazy mazy golf, confound your senses in the maze of illusions, and get a soaking on Angry Crows! Climb aboard the Crowmania 2 tractor trailer ride and watch the family show!
Relax with something to eat in the cafe, try locally reared meat from the barbecue, and browse the gift shop.
York Maze is just ten minutes from the centre of York and set in open countryside. From the A64 exit at the Grimston Bar roundabout (Hull A1079 and Bridlington) take the exit for Hull then turn immediately right on the B1228 towards Elvington and the Air Museum. Follow the road through a series of bends until you come onto a long straight. There are brown tourism signs for York Maze about half a mile down the straight on the right, you have arrived!
+ Enlarge Map
14th July - 3rd September 2018 daily
10am - 6.30pm (last entry 4.30pm).
Children (3-15): £14.75
Under 3's: FREE
Family (2+2 or 1+3): £59.00
Book online and save £5.00 on a family ticket